If you haven’t heard yet, we will reopen Kids Ministry classes from Nursery through 5th grade during the 9:30 a.m. service beginning October 4. We will reopen Kids Ministry classes in the 11 a.m. service as soon as we have enough loving adults ready to serve in the lives of our kids.
Over the past few months, we’ve worked up a few improvements — some are permanent and some will go away when COVID does. Here’s what you need to know!
- The fastest and easiest way to check in your children is now via the Church Center App (added bonus: it’s touch-free).
- We encourage you to get the app ahead of time and follow the on-screen instructions to link the app to yourself and New Hope Christian Center. Then on Sunday - you just use the “Check-In” button at the bottom of the app to select your kids, and the app will provide a QR code on the screen. Once you check in by scanning your phone at church, name tags will print — and the app can actually serve as your security tag as well (no more lost labels!)
- The older method of checking in with your phone number will remain an option.
- All our volunteers will be wearing masks while near others and serving in Kids Ministry.
- We will do our best to social distance within classrooms, but let’s be honest — that’s hard with younger children!
- We recommend children Pre-K thru 5th Grade wear a mask when near others. Do NOT put a mask on a child under 2.
- Each Sunday, every child will receive their own tote with their own set of crayons, etc. These materials will not be shared between children or classes and will be used exclusively with YOUR child.
- Classrooms will be cleaned before kids enter and after they leave.
Nursery and pre-k info
Not much has changed; Check-In and Check-Out for these classes remain in the west wing (as they were pre-COVID).
- We are splitting Elementary into three separate classes:
- K-1 (Lower Level Room 8)
- 2-3 (Lower Level Room 6)
- 4-5 (Lower Level Room 4)
- Each age group will experience their own worship, Bible story, lesson, and activities within the classroom setting.
- The Unity Hall will remain an overflow for the Sanctuary.
- Check-In will occur in the East Corridor like usual. Children will then go downstairs to the Lower Level where they will be greeted and guided to their classroom.
- Check-Out (Picking Up Your Kids)
- Please wait in the East Corridor; do not come to the Lower Level.
- We will send your kids upstairs to the East Corridor and check their name tag with your security tag either printed for you or on your new app.
If you're not able to come to the in-person services, scroll below for digital content!
If you have children that are preschool age, click the video below for worship and a bible lesson.
If you have children that are in Kindergarten through 5th grade, then click the appropriate video below for their very own worship experience, memory verse, and bible lesson.